Tuesday, July 05, 2005

7. Noelex 22 (1999)


This is the ideal one man boat for all the lakes in the north island. At 22 ft., it has a cabin large enough for a small family and therefore is very spacious for a single hander. It is like a floating caravan, completely self contained with a small galley and a porta loo. I have used it to explore lake Rotorua, Rotoiti, Tarawera and parts of Taupo near Kinloch. Each trip, I stay one or two nights on board. I have written the launching sequence for a trailer yacht in the previous entry. It is easy for one man to launch or recover this small yacht. On my trailer I have installed a 10:1 hand winch which can haul the boat up the trailer with very little effort.
More technical info on the Noelex 22 is available on their web site:
http://www.noelex22.org/specs.html

No comments: